Originally named “Moomba”
The house was built in 1901 and was used as the post office in the early 1920’s. It was also the telephone exchange and a guesthouse during this period was named “Tambo House”. (that black and white photo is from when it was a guest house)
From the late 1940’s it was used as accommodation for seasonal workers and was divided into 2 units in the 1960’s. After this it slowly fell into disrepair and was renovated from 2001-2010. It is now named “Paradise Ridge.